On Feb 19, 2008, I shut down the old reppep.com server, which ran Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" Server, and replaced it with a new (cheaper and faster) PC running Linux. Unfortunately, the password formats are incompatible, so I apologize to app reppep users for the disruption.

Please call me if you have an account on reppep.com and haven't received your password already, or find anything not working right.

I switched from Apple's jabberd to Openfire, which doesn't use the UNIX system accounts, so let me know if you want a chat account (compatible with iChat & GTalk).


[Done] I forgot SquirrelMail address books -- should be able to bring those over too.


  • Firewall problem fixed. SMTP MX issue fixed.
  • Virus filtering problem fixed.
  • Webmail certificate fixed.
  • Quota problem fixed.
  • Virtual domains for email fixed.

As of 5pm, I don't know anything that doesn't work (aside from SquirrelMail address books) [fixed Thursday].

Thanks for your patience!


As of 10:30 on the 20th, things seem to be working. Something's screwy with amavisd-new's quarantine, but mail is going through. I reinstalled Openfire, and chat seems okay under the correct hostname/certificate name now (will try signing it as ca.reppep.com later).

Good timing -- the optical drive on the old server died tonight.

I have distributed all the new temporary passwords, so any users having trouble logging in should let me know.

Markdown.cgi is still broken, but I'm the only person who uses it here, so I'll get to it.


On Thursday the 21st, I found a problem with amavisd-new -- it had quarantined 32,000 messages in a single directory, and was stuck (apparently ext3 doesn't support more than 32,000 files in a directory). I cleared it out and finally managed to disable quarantine, which wasn't as easy as it should have been, and the backlog of messages have been delivered as of 9:15pm.

At 11pm, I fixed an issue preventing SMTP AUTH from working properly, which was interfering with sending email to non-reppep addresses.